- Gruevski for Kosovo’s Gazeta Express: My position on the Albanians and the role of Soros in Macedonia
- Anti-American hysteria in SDSM: Sashe Politiko, called Trump and Gruevski “bandits and bastards“ and urged for resistance in Macedonia
- ‘Russian Duma set to ratify Turkish Stream agreement
- Clear and cold day, with lots of snow remaining on the ground
- Coach Cervar ecstatic after Macedonia draws with Iceland
- Donald Trump set to be inaugurated as President of the United States
- VMRO-DPMNE blasts Janeva for her decision to drop charges against Zaev and Verushevski
- How Soros came to Macedonia, as seen by The New Yorker
- Up to 30 feared dead in avalanche-hit hotel in central Italy
- Ohrid premiere of stage rendition of Petre M. Andreevski’s poem
Bitola had the lowest temperatures among Macedonian cities on Wednesday morning, reaching a low of – 22 degrees Centigrade. It was followed closely by Tetovo and the Mavrovo ski resort with – 20 degrees, while the capital Skopje was also extremely cold with – 17 degrees.
Dojran and Gevgelija were relatively warmest, with temperatures dropping to – 7 degrees. Mavrovo has the most snow, with a cover of 68 centimeters. Berovo and Tetovo and most snowed in among the cities, with 30 and 28 centimeters respectively. A slight increase in temperatures is expected on Thursday, before a large wet front expected on Friday and Saturday that should bring lots of new snow.
The Automotive Association of Macedonia informs that some mountain passes and roads are closed for heavy vehicles, including a stretch of the Mavrovo – Debar road, the Kocani – Delcevo – Bulgarian border road and the Berovo – Vinica – Kocani road. Light vehicles can travel on these roads, but should use winter equipment.