- President Ivanov appoints new Intelligence Agency director
- Last second goal brings Vardar a win against Buducnost
- US condemns arrests at Russian protests
- Parliament continues work on completing its constitutive session
- Initiative for United Macedonia organizes musical happening in Skopje City Park
- VMRO-DPMNE leader Gruevski reiterates call for snap poll
- VMRO-DPMNE insists on early general elections
- Comedy Theater will mark its fifth anniversary on Monday with “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
- Number of tuberculosis cases reduces in Macedonia
- Average salary grows to 370 EUR in January
A four year old boy from the village of Bacista from Kicevo died after being badly mauled by a pack of dogs. The incident, which shocked the public, occurred earlier last week when the boy went out of his home to visit his father in a neighboring house.
He was attacked by several dogs and was taken to the Skopje Clinic Center with injuries to the head, chest and the abdomen. Despite doctor’s efforts, they were unable to save the little boy’s life. The incident sparked a fierce debate between animal rights activists and proponents of stricter control of stray dogs and potentially dangerous domestic dogs.