- Russia expresses concern over the Parliament incident, blames it on foreign interference in Macedonia
- Erdogan on Macedonia situation: Violence not a solution
- PACE rapporteurs condemn violence in Macedonian parliament, call on political parties to reach political agreement
- Tusk: Brexit talks must first ‘sort out the past
- Turkish PM: Nobody can change people’s decision
Macedonians from the Washington DC metro area gathered in front of the White House on Sunday in a rally in support of the initiative For a United Macedonia. Waving Macedonian flags and carrying signs calling for unity, they asked that the Republic of Macedonia continues to protect its identity and language.
“We express our full support to our brothers and sisters in Macedonia. We need to preserve our only motherland, our freedom and independence. Now, that we are finally our own masters, we can’t let somebody else decide on our future, the future of our children and grandchildren. Macedonia is our country! Macedonians will decide for Macedonia, and no-one else”, protest participant Milka Kovach told the Macedonian Television.
Rallies have been held daily across Macedonia in the past three weeks, as well as in cities across the world, to protest the Tirana platform and the proposal to form a Socialist led Government based on the platform.