- President Ivanov appoints new Intelligence Agency director
- Last second goal brings Vardar a win against Buducnost
- US condemns arrests at Russian protests
- Parliament continues work on completing its constitutive session
- Initiative for United Macedonia organizes musical happening in Skopje City Park
Macedonians from the Washington DC metro area gathered in front of the White House on Sunday in a rally in support of the initiative For a United Macedonia. Waving Macedonian flags and carrying signs calling for unity, they asked that the Republic of Macedonia continues to protect its identity and language.
“We express our full support to our brothers and sisters in Macedonia. We need to preserve our only motherland, our freedom and independence. Now, that we are finally our own masters, we can’t let somebody else decide on our future, the future of our children and grandchildren. Macedonia is our country! Macedonians will decide for Macedonia, and no-one else”, protest participant Milka Kovach told the Macedonian Television.
Rallies have been held daily across Macedonia in the past three weeks, as well as in cities across the world, to protest the Tirana platform and the proposal to form a Socialist led Government based on the platform.