- Training and subsidized employment for 440 unemployed persons
- Brussels attacks: First anniversary of bombings marked
- VMRO-DPMNE: Early general elections will happen anyway, it’s better we do it sooner
- FM Poposki at U.S. State Department anti-ISIS meeting
- Miloshoski: two ways out of the political crisis – rejection of the Tirana platform or early elections
- Largest protests yet welcome EU Commissioner Hahn to Macedonia
- American poet Charles Simic is recipient of 2017 Struga Poetry Evenings Golden Wreath
- Organizers For a United Macedonia call for their largest rally so far
- President Ivanov cancels meeting with Commissioner Hahn
- Hahn and three MEPs visit Macedonia
Three people were killed and more than 10 were wounded on Tuesday after the roof of a tent collapsed on to a mass attending a funeral ceremony at a mosque in Istanbul’s Bakirkoy district, Hurriyet Daily News reports.
A group of people were in a funeral prayer in the quad of the 5 Kısım Mosque in the Atakoy neighborhood when the tent’s roof collapsed after being pressured by thick snow and striking storm.
The wounded were immediately taken to nearby hospitals while firefighters and rescue teams rushed to the scene to rescue those trapped under the roof.
A witness told Dogan News Agency that they had been warned of a possible collapse. He said the roof collapsed in an instant and created panic among the people.
Another witness said he survived the collapse within seconds after stepping out of the area, adding that the collapse created a huge noise.
Bulent Kerimoglu, the mayor of Bakirkoy, has also said municipality teams had arrived at the mosque earlier during the day and warned of a potential collapse after observing that the roof of the tent was overfilled with snow.
Over the past four days, Istanbul was on hold amid heavy snowfall in what Istanbul Mayor Kadir Topbas described as the heaviest since 2009.