- Macedonian American caucus reassembled in the new Congress
- Skopje hosts round table on energy poverty in the country
- Days of Iranian film open with a documentary dedicated to Abbas Kiarostami
- Macedonia hosts 2017 Global Women Leaders Summit
- Writers association observes 70. anniversary
- Berovo – City of Culture 2017
- Trade in agriculture products grew by 39,3 percent in the last quarter of 2016
- Macedonia jumps to 31 in the world in Heritage index of economic freedom
- Macedonia’s institutions standardise geospatial data
- MWA to celebrate its 70th anniversary
Citizens should refrain from going outside if not necessary, consume beverages and food that maintain the body temperature, avoid alcohol and dress appropriately, recommends the commission for implementation of the Action Plan for the population’s protection during freezing temperatures.
People are recommended to refrain from physical activities in the open, to wear warm clothes in several layers and proper shoes, and to use caution when walking.
Furthermore, people should be active in indoor facilities, check heating in the home and assist vulnerable family members, neighbors and friends.
The elderly are recommended to dress warmly, babies to be frequently checked if they are warm, heart patients to avoid strenuous efforts and regularly take medications.
Citizens can report homeless persons or street children at hotline 15 505.
Labor medicine services are obliged to provide information to employers and employees working at freezing temperatures over the existing risk. Employers are recommended to give these workers breaks in heated shelters.