- ‘Russian Duma set to ratify Turkish Stream agreement
- Clear and cold day, with lots of snow remaining on the ground
- Coach Cervar ecstatic after Macedonia draws with Iceland
- Donald Trump set to be inaugurated as President of the United States
- VMRO-DPMNE blasts Janeva for her decision to drop charges against Zaev and Verushevski
- How Soros came to Macedonia, as seen by The New Yorker
- Up to 30 feared dead in avalanche-hit hotel in central Italy
- Ohrid premiere of stage rendition of Petre M. Andreevski’s poem
- Orthodox faithful celebrate Epiphany
- US publicly funded media outlet disparage against Trump and his voters mere days before his inauguration
Citizens should refrain from going outside if not necessary, consume beverages and food that maintain the body temperature, avoid alcohol and dress appropriately, recommends the commission for implementation of the Action Plan for the population’s protection during freezing temperatures.
People are recommended to refrain from physical activities in the open, to wear warm clothes in several layers and proper shoes, and to use caution when walking.
Furthermore, people should be active in indoor facilities, check heating in the home and assist vulnerable family members, neighbors and friends.
The elderly are recommended to dress warmly, babies to be frequently checked if they are warm, heart patients to avoid strenuous efforts and regularly take medications.
Citizens can report homeless persons or street children at hotline 15 505.
Labor medicine services are obliged to provide information to employers and employees working at freezing temperatures over the existing risk. Employers are recommended to give these workers breaks in heated shelters.