- U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Nuland visits Macedonia
- Popovski: It is in the interest of Macedonian citizens and the economy sooner to overcome the political crisis
- Nuland: The solution to the crisis is the implementation of the agreement from 2 of June
- Victoria Nuland will visit Macedonia
- Ivanov: It is time for NATO and the EU to make brave decisions
Executive Vice President at the Atlantic Council of the United States, Damon Wilson, yesterday in his address to the Foreign Affairs Committee of the U.S. Senate, urged the U.S. to ensure accession of Macedonia and Montenegro in NATO, as part of the integration agenda in Eastern Europe.
– The United States must give new impetus to the integration process, as it would lead the process for accession of Macedonia and Montenegro in NATO, also starting the NATO MAP process in Bosnia and Georgia, said Wilson, a former senior official at the National Security Council U.S. and cabinet of the NATO Secretary General George Robertson.
NATO Summit to be hold next year in the British city of Newport, in its preparation under way, considers the question whether the summit can be enlargement summit , where Macedonia and Montenegro are considered to be candidate countries ready for membership , and Bosnia and Georgia as countries aspirants.
The main topic of discussion in the Senate organizing the summit in Vilnius that is expected to open the European perspective for countries like Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Belarus. U.S. assistant secretary of state for Europe Victoria Nuland said that the main issue in this process is whether Ukraine will be able until the summit at the end of November, to pass legal reforms and release the former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, which is the condition for opening of EU process association.